RESTAURANT CASH COOK-OFF
The 6th Annual Galveston Island Shrimp Festival is just around the corner! Festival events begin Friday, Sept. 25 and run through Sunday, Sept 27. Last years festival drew in an anticipated attendance of over 20,000. We are excited to announce some big changes in the event and hope you will join us again this year. It is with your support and participation we are able to bring events and visitors to Galveston Island. We would like to invite new and returning restaurants to compete in the Restaurant Division shrimp gumbo cook-off.
All participating restaurant teams will receive:
- Chance to WIN $1000 Grand Prize for your restaurant and be named BEST GUMBO!
- Logo and link on official event website www.yagaspresents.com/shrimpfestival
under Professional Teams and Sponsors page
- Logo listing on pre-event promotional material
- Social Media announcements of restaurant participation
- Opportunity for restaurants to sell dishes of their choosing to the public
- 10’x20’ cooking space with tent, 20 amp power and 2 tables included
- 15lbs of Texas Gulf Shrimp provided by Galveston Shrimp Company
- Ladle for serving public Gumbo Stroll
- 1 festival T-shirt for Head Chef
- 4 Friday Night Party Tickets (Shrimp Dinner and Open Bar)
What do you have to do? Yaga's Entertainment requests:
- Each participating restaurant must provide at least 15 gallons of shrimp gumbo on
Saturday, Sept. 26 for the public gumbo stroll.
- Each participating restaurant sell at least 1 dish of their choice to the public (may
not be gumbo)
- Display an event poster at the entrance of your restaurant
- Provide a High-Resolution logo within one week of agreement
- Include festival logo and link on restaurant website for 4 weeks prior to festival
- Follow and meet all regulations set by Galveston County Health Department
- Submit entry fee of $300
THE COOK-OFF WILL BE A ONE-DAY EVENT ON SATURDAY ONLY!
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT 2015 RESTAURANT PARTICIPATION TO COME! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM.
THANK YOU TO ALL THE 2014 TEAMS THAT PARTICIPATED!